14 Mar 2022 Award Winners Announced
Tennessee Veterinary Medical Association (TVMA) announced recipients of its 2022 Awards during its virtual Music City Veterinary Conference on Saturday, February 19. Award winners are nominated and chosen by an awards committee of their peers.
This year’s winners include:
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Dr. Donald Headrick, founder of Williamson County Animal Hospital, Franklin (retired);
- Distinguished Service Award – Dr. Margaret Phillips, Clovercroft Veterinary Hospital, Franklin;
- Outstanding Practitioner of the Year – Dr. Shaun Reynolds, Williamson County Animal Hospital, Franklin;
- John C. New Service Award – Dr. Hayley Robinson, Belle Meade Animal Hospital, Nashville;
- Tennessee Animal Hall of Fame Inductee – Goose, a yellow Labrador retriever, owned by Elani Etter, Nashville
“We are pleased to honor this year’s recipients of the TVMA Awards,” said Tai Federico, DVM, 2021-22 president of TVMA. “Each of these outstanding individuals contributes to promote veterinary medicine, animal welfare, and public health.”
About Tennessee Veterinary Medical Association
Since 1909, the Tennessee Veterinary Medical Association has been committed to advancing the science and art of veterinary medicine. More than 1,600 members work to ensure that laws and regulations promote the health and well-being of all animals, and protect public health and human welfare. Large and small animal practitioners, students, and veterinary school graduates make up TVMA membership. For additional information, please visit www.tvmanet.com.